Sigis Soft Jute and Wool-Alternative Area Rug
This soft-blend yarn and jute area rug takes warm neutrals to a new level, lending comfort, versatility, and classic style to your favorite spaces. Chunky, marled gray yarn mixes with golden jute for a high-quality texture and feel only a hand-woven, artisinal rug can provide. This neutral rug is woven from post-consumer PET yarn, a wool alternative sustainably made from recycled drinking bottles. Less shedding and fewer allergens mean easier maintenance and more comfort for you and your family. This rug can also provide the perfect amount of cozy softness to your bedroom, living room, or family rooms while still delivering the practicality those high-traffic areas demand.
- Material: 70% post-consumer PET, 30% jute
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Gray
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Jute fibers have anti-static, insulating, and moisture-regulating properties to make your room naturally more comfortable.
- Post-consumer PET is made from recycled soda bottles and is a sustainable alternative to wool.
- Backing: Cotton and natural latex
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India