Please follow these instructions to enjoy Anji Mountain area rugs, chair mats and poufs to the fullest.
Jute | Natural Fiber Rugs | Mixed Materials
- It is normal for jute and other natural fiber rugs to “sprout”. What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have separated at a point, or “sprouted”. Sprouting is common with natural fibers, such as jute, that are made up of shorter fibers. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum as needed with suction only—a beater brush is not recommended.
- Spot clean with a damp cloth. You may use a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- For liquid spills, blot—do not rub—with a clean, dry, absorbent cloth.
- All fibers that are exposed to direct, prolonged sunlight will experience some degree of fading. Please rotate your rug regularly if it is in a sunny location.
- Clean surface with a damp, clean cloth.
- Spot-clean borders with mild dish soap and water solution.
- Shake out to remove debris or vacuum. If you vacuum, a suction attachment is recommended; do not use a beater brush as it may scratch the surface.
- Plastic or felt casters are recommended for chair or furniture legs to protect against scratching and cracking of bamboo slats. A sharp, straight edge of a chair or furniture piece may crack the bamboo slat.
- Chair or furniture casters are not recommended for use on bamboo rugs.
- Bamboo which is exposed to direct, prolonged sunlight will experience some degree of fading. Please rotate your rug regularly if it is in a sunny location.
Bamboo Chair Mat
- Dusting and light cleaning can be done with a damp cloth.
- We also recommend Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner for regular cleaning and Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Refresher for occasional refreshing of the polyurethane coating. Please see these links for more information on these products and where to buy them:
- Hard floor casters (i.e. casters made for hard floors vs. carpet) are recommended for optimum performance and maximum protection of your bamboo chair mat surface.
Rug'd Chair Mat
- Spot clean with a solution of mild dish soap and water.
- Vacuum mat as needed.
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible