Torhild Patterned Flatweave Rug
Convey some style confidence with bold color and a classic patterned rug that can stand up to a good stomping. The sturdy, high-quality construction of this 100% cotton rug comes from its expert craftsmanship: each rug is hand-woven by artisans under GoodWeave® ethical standards. Flatweave rugs are also easy to clean yet soft underfoot and they absorb noise while insulating your room. This can be the perfect man cave rug, a winter warmer for a cabin, or a sophisticated pick for a dining room or home office. You’ll be as pleased with its high style and cozy feel as you will be with your practical, long-lasting selection.
- Material: 100% recycled cotton
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Red, Gray, Black, White
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Our cotton is made from upcycled t-shirts for an authentic, soft touch you can feel.
- Backing: Cotton and natural latex
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India
Cotton has been a universally beloved fiber for centuries which has a million and one applications. It is low maintenance, soft, strong and takes dye exceptionally well. Major advances have been made recently which have greatly improved the sustainability of cotton production in the areas of irrigation, land use and recycling.