Sultaneer Area Rug
Delight in the sophisticated texture and palette of this 100% natural, handmade rug when you lay it down in your favorite room. Everyday elegance abounds in this super soft jute, wool, and cotton area rug. A neutral, tan field is banded by rows of decorative, chunky-knit weaving in blues and faded gray yarns. Reminiscent of a vintage wallhanging or street market treasure, this piece will deliver a lovely softness your feet will thank you for and add visual interest to rooms in need of an update. This rug is also eco-friendly with sustainably farmed jute and wool fibers and cotton upcycled from t-shirts and other garments. Handloom-woven by skilled artisans in India, this piece offers craftsmanship and quality you can count on to last.
- Material: 60% jute, 25% wool, 15% cotton
- Construction: Pitloom woven
- Color: Tan, Gray, Blue, Ivory
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Our wool is undyed and unbleached which promotes a healthy home and is better for the environment.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Flatweave rugs offer stylish, practical coverage for your busy spaces like kids' rooms, entry ways, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Backing: N/A
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India