Saranya Hand-Loomed Green and Pink Area Rug
Bring beauty, tradition, and sustainability into your home with this bright, hand-woven area rug made from recycled saaris. Each of these one-of-a-kind rugs tells a story in soothing pink, green, and ivory tones. The unmistakable handiwork of an artisan, this flatweave rug features a distinctive diamond pattern alongside silky strips of saari yarn you’ll never tire of admiring. Its cheerful, multi-colored design is perfect for busy areas like kids’ rooms, living rooms, family rooms, and kitchens. Its sturdy backing and wear-resistant materials last to protect your floor, add comfort to your home, and bring style with a story into your space.
- Material: 55% post-consumer PET, 27% recycled viscose, 9% recycled silk, 9% recycled polyester
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Multi, Green, Pink, White
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Post-consumer PET is made from recycled soda bottles.
- The recycled yarn from saaris that we use is made from viscose, silk, and polyester, which is more sustainable than pure silk.
- Backing: Cotton and natural latex
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India