Malka Patterned Area Rug
A timeless pattern inspired by double ikat textiles and a soft, natural texture make this handmade rug a great complement to organic, traditional, bohemian, and global décor styles. All-natural jute fibers and upcycled cotton yarns create a geometric diamond and arrow pattern in bold colors that can enliven any room. Hand-woven by expert artisans in India, this durable rug is built to keep its fresh look for years. Its softness will surprise you: we only use the finest, sustainably farmed jute fibers and we spin our cotton yarn from t-shirts and other recycled garments. This rug’s high quality will feel good and function even better in your favorite rooms at home.
- Material: 70% cotton, 20% jute, 10% polyester
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Multi
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was hand-tufted by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Jute fibers have anti-static, insulating, and moisture-regulating properties to make your room naturally more comfortable.
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Backing: Cotton and natural latex
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India