Ishtar Flatweave Jute Rug
This hand-loomed natural fiber rug adds a touch of understated coastal style to any room in your home. Featuring a subtle diamond pattern and faded hues of seafoam green, this jute area rug is perfect for designing simple, serene spaces. Its fiber is made from the highest-quality, sustainably sourced jute yarn. It is coarse, durable, and easy to maintain, making it ideal for heavily used areas of your home, such as the dining room, living room, office, or entryway. Jute rugs are ecofriendly and long lasting, so you can style your home sustainably. Its thick, wear-resistant materials help protect your floors while adding an instant update to your interior space.
- Material: 100% jute
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Green, Blue, Ivory
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Jute fibers have anti-static, insulating, and moisture-regulating properties to make your room naturally more comfortable.
- Backing: N/A
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India
Nicknamed the “Golden Fiber” for its beautiful luster, Jute fibers are characteristically long, soft and shiny and are among the strongest, most flexible vegetable fibers on the planet. Its fibers exhibit naturally anti-static, insulating and moisture regulating properties which are exceptional qualities for a natural fiber area rug. Jute is predominantly farmed by approximately four million small farmers in India and Bangladesh and supports hundreds of thousands of workers in jute manufacturing (from raw material to yarn and finished products).