Durga Hand-Loomed Flatweave Area Rug
This stunning flatweave rug brings it all home: black-and-white minimalism meets multicolor boho chic. Tribal geometric patterns shine with a modern design twist. Hand-woven craftsmanship is coupled with dependable durability and ethical sustainability coexists with high style. The soft fibers of this eco rug are made from recycled saaris, soda bottles, and jute and then woven by skilled artisans on traditional handlooms. Gentle on bare feet, great for high traffic areas, and easy to care for, this unique rug will unify any room in which you unroll it.
- Material: 40% post-consumer PET, 30% jute, 18% recycled silk, 6% recycled viscose, 6% recycled polyester
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Multicolor, Gray, White
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Post-consumer PET is made from recycled soda bottles.
- The recycled yarn from saaris that we use is made from viscose, silk, and polyester, which is more sustainable than pure silk.
- Backing: Cotton and natural latex
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India