Chaloon Distressed Area Rug
Bring well-worn, well-traveled style into your home with this rustic jute area rug inspired by antique Persian carpets. Handwoven by Indian artisans, this piece is as durable as it is beautiful. Rich, royal blues and reds are muted by a distressed look for a more casual take on traditional oriental rugs. Its rugged, raw jute fibers will stand up to heavy foot traffic in your entryway, living room, or eating areas while its charming color and heirloom look will update any room that needs a little style lift.
- Material: 60% jute, 30% polyester, 10% cotton
- Construction: Hand Woven
- Color: Red, Blue, Gray
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a handloom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Jute fibers have anti-static, insulating, and moisture-regulating properties to make your room naturally more comfortable.
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to Òsprout.Ó What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Backing: N/A
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India