Aganippe Hand-Loomed Blue Area Rug
Breezy, airy, blue as the sky or the sea: this cotton and jute area rug will grace your room with simplicity and natural elegance, lightening your mood every time you walk by. Soft, gently distressed light blue cotton is bordered by durable, golden jute to make a classic flatweave rug that’s gentle on bare feet and easy on the eyes. Skilled artisans weave each rug on a handloom under GoodWeave® ethical labor standards and only sustainably sourced natural fibers are used. Place this easy-care eco rug in areas like the kitchen, bathroom, or kids’ room and transform high-traffic places in your home into serene spaces.
- Material: 70% recycled cotton, 30% jute
- Construction: Handloom woven
- Color: Blue
- Pile Height: 0.50 inches
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was woven on a hand loom by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Our cotton is made from upcycled t-shirts for an authentic, soft touch you can feel.
- Jute fibers have anti-static, insulating, and moisture-regulating properties to make your room naturally more comfortable.
- Backing: N/A
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India
Jute & Cotton
Nicknamed the “Golden Fiber” for its beautiful luster, jute fibers are characteristically long, soft and shiny and are among the strongest, most flexible vegetable fibers on the planet. Cotton has been a universally beloved fiber for centuries which has a million and one applications. It is low maintenance, soft, strong and takes dye exceptionally well. Major advances have been made recently which have greatly improved the sustainability of cotton production in the areas of irrigation, land use and recycling.