Carousel Area Rug
A timeless classic, this round jute area rug will add warmth and focus to any room in your home. Freshen up a sparse corner, showcase your furniture in the middle of a room, or create a reading nook or meditation space with this rug and a few poufs. This piece is a great solution for underneath your dining table or as an inviting option for your entry way and living rooms too. Hand-braided and stitched by skilled artisans in India, this rug is eco-friendly and sustainably made from 100% jute. You’ll love its gentle feel under your feet and the way its durable, hard-wearing properties protect the floors of your busiest rooms.
- Material: 100% jute
- Construction: Braided
- Color: Tan, Black
- Pile Height: 0.25 inches
- Jute fibers have anti-static, insulating, and moisture-regulating properties to make your room naturally more comfortable.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product -- you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Enjoy the hand-made look and feel of this rug, which was hand braided by skilled weavers using traditional techniques.
- It is normal for natural fiber rugs to “sprout.” What may seem to be a pulled thread is really just a yarn whose fibers have sprouted. This is not a defect but an inherent quality of certain natural fiber rugs. Simply clip the sprout that has popped up with a sharp scissors.
- Flatweave rugs offer stylish, practical coverage for your busy spaces like kids' rooms, entry ways, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Backing: N/A
- Rug pad recommended
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique qualities of natural fibers and recycled materials
- Vacuum regularly with suction only--a beater brush is not recommended
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug use the dull edge of a knife to scrape the solid up as much of possible and then follow instructions above for liquid spills.
- Made in India
Nicknamed the “Golden Fiber” for its beautiful luster, Jute fibers are characteristically long, soft and shiny and are among the strongest, most flexible vegetable fibers on the planet. Its fibers exhibit naturally anti-static, insulating and moisture regulating properties which are exceptional qualities for a natural fiber area rug. Jute is predominantly farmed by approximately four million small farmers in India and Bangladesh and supports hundreds of thousands of workers in jute manufacturing (from raw material to yarn and finished products).